Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Lunch Date at Blind Faith Cafe

On Wednesday, I met my friend Amy in Evanston for lunch at Blind Faith Cafe (525 Dempster St, Evanston, IL 60201).  It is a vegetarian restaurant but they also have vegan options...

I'm not sure if it actually was, but it sure felt like the coldest day of the year on Wednesday, so all I wanted to eat, was soup.  I ordered Dumplings in Ginger Shiitake Broth (Vegetable dumplings filled with tofu, and fresh ginger in a shiitake broth, garnished with green onions and sprouts).  It was a light soup, but incredibly delicious...

Amy got two different things but shared her chili with me and it was pretty tasty.  It had brown rice, beans tomatoes and a nice fennel seed flavor.

She also ordered the Santa Fe Salad (mixed greens, jack cheese, barbecue seitan, corn, peas, onion, tomato and a house vinaigrette).  I didn't try this since it had cheese in it, but it looked yummy and was HUGE!

We think that they probably thought I was a food critic (since I was taking pictures of the food) because at the end of our meal they brought us a complimentary Vegan Cappuccino Brownie that was to die for!  I had a great time at Blind Faith Cafe, good food and wonderful conversation with one of my favorite ladies.

No comments:

Post a Comment