Tuesday, November 30, 2010

"Friends"giving


I could not have had more fun with this newly invented holiday!  When I first decided to call it "Friends"giving I was only thinking about a Thanksgiving meal shared with friends, but the more I talked about it I realized that any vegan thanksgiving meal should be called "Friends"giving because it's friendly... No one gets harmed on "Friends"giving because ALL the food is cruelty free!


The event began with Tempeh Sausage Pastry Puffs (Vegan Brunch).  I made them in a different shape than the recipe called for and was very happy with the way they looked and held together.  I would say that they were delicious, but I never even got the chance to try one.  They were gone before I knew it!




My roommates Chris and Alexis made a fresh salad.  It was very yummy and the salad dressing came in a spray bottle!  How fun is that?


I made Caramelized Onion Butternut Roast with Chestnuts (Veganomicon) for the third time this holiday season and I have to say that the third time was a charm!  It was perfect!



Sarah made these amazing green beans.  They had almonds and sauteed onions and were so good I could eat them all day!












For the main course I made Pumpkin Seed-Crusted Tofu and Baked Pumpkin and Cranberry Relish (Vegan With A Vengeance).  It turned out well although it had a rough start.  The tofu I defrosted and stuck back in my fridge refroze because my fridge sucks, so Sarah and I had to run out at the last minute to get more.  I was still cooking when everyone arrived... Leia helped with the tofu and the pumpkin and Sarah and Nick helped with the cranberry relish.  It is always so nice to have help in the kitchen, thanks everyone!



These are mine and Sarah's plates.  I didn't get a picture of the Sweet Potatoes that Alicia made, but you can see them featured on both our plates.  They were made "Mexican" style and were quite possibly the best sweet potatoes I've ever eaten!


This is everyone that came and ate with us minus Kipp who was taking the picture.....  The second picture we took for my Mom.  She LOVES to have group pictures of everyone posing as Dr. Evil.  This one is for you MOM!





For dessert I made Gingerbread Cupcakes with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting (Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World) and Leia made a Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake with a Cranberry topping.  Leia and Tony worked very hard on the topping and I think it was well worth it!  Great job guys!





 Dessert was awesome, but the best part was everyone chipped in and cleaned up!  I didn't need to wash a single dish!  Love you guys!  "Friends"giving could not have been more perfect!

2 comments:

  1. So sad tha twe missed Friendsgiving, it looked nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet pics dude! You had a really great turn out.

    ReplyDelete