Saturday, December 4, 2010

Breakfast at A Delicious Vegan Cafe

On Thursday I took Sarah to pick up some paperwork from an elementary school where she has to complete an observation.  The trade off was her taking me to breakfast!  We went to A Delicious Vegan Cafe (3827 N. Lincoln Ave., Chicago, IL 60613). Although this spot is right in my neighborhood, this was my first experience there...



This was my Soy Pumpkin Spice Latte.  It was the best Soy Latte I have ever had!  Starbucks will get way less of my money now that I have discovered this!  They brew Intelligentsia coffee which is a locally roasted coffee, and is the best of the best in coffee.  Besides the delicious espresso, they also had real pumpkin in the latte!  It was unreal....




Sarah and I both ordered the Breakfast Sandwich (tofu fried egg, uptons "sausage", cashew "cheese"(both the sausage and cheese are locally made), on an english muffin).  Sarah added avocado to hers and I had mine plain.  It was very tasty.  My favorite part was the cashew "cheese".  I love vegan products that are not filled with soy.  It was also just nice to eat breakfast and drink a latte with one of my favorite ladies in complete vegan comfort! 


A Delicious Vegan Cafe will definitely get my business again! They use local products, are completely vegan and have rice milk, almond milk and agave (as a sweetener) for your coffee.  Delicious and I are a fantastic match!

No comments:

Post a Comment