Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vegan MoFo-Dinner with the Krogers


Jared's sister Nicole and brother-in-law Chris were in Chicago for a few days, so we had them over for dinner.  I wanted to impress them with how delicious vegan food can be, so I made the best dish I know how to make... Orange Tofu.  Although it isn't a healthy meal it sure was yummy and I'm pretty sure I impressed them with my culinary skills.





We had a great time swapping stories and laughing over dinner.  


For dessert I made Jared's favorite dessert Dream Bars out of Skinny Bitch in the Kitch.  This is a rich and tasteful dessert that doesn't have any processed sugar in it!  It has graham cracker crumbs, sucanut, peanut butter, homemade butterscotch, unsweetened coconut flakes, vegan chocolate chips, and coconut milk.  I love when desserts aren't filled with white flour and sugar.  It just makes them more fun to eat for some reason!  I'm so glad we got to share a meal with Nicole and Chris and I can't wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment