Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Vanilla Gluten Freedom and Chocolate Cherry Crème Cupcakes



April 2nd was Liz's Birthday and since she is one of my favorite people in the world, I decided she deserved a cupcake tower.  I made Vanilla Gluten Freedom Cupcakes with Vegan Fluffy Buttercream Frosting and Chocolate Cherry Crème Cupcakes.


The Vanilla Gluten Freedom cupcakes had Corn Flour, White Rice Flour, Tapioca Flour and Quinoa Flour.  These were four different kinds of flour that I have never tried baking with before.  
  

I wasn't sure how these would turn out, but they looked just as good as any other vanilla cupcake I have made in the past.



I topped these little guys off with Blue Vegan Buttercream Frosting and Birthday Sprinkles!


The Chocolate Cherry Crème Cupcakes started off with your basic chocolate cupcake


After coring out each cupcake I filled them with homemade cherry filling topped with vegan buttercream frosting.  I replaced the cake that I removed and topped THAT off with more frosting and shaved dark chocolate.


They couldn't have turned out more perfect. 


Liz LOVED the cupcake tower! 















I was a bit worried that the gluten free cupcakes would be less delicious than the chocolate cherry crème cupcakes.  Although the chocolate ones were a gourmet decadent dessert the gluten free ones were just as delicious.  I  have to, embarrassingly, admit that  Jared and I made sure to steal a couple of them to take back home with us before the night was over.


 I had a great time celebrating with Liz and was happy to have been able to share my love of baking with one of my bestest friends on her birthday! 

2 comments:

  1. Cute post! I love how you arranged the photos and your food pics are looking more 'professional.' I should have nabbed one of those vanilla cupcakes too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lady! I will make sure you have some awesome cupcakes for the baby shower!

    ReplyDelete