Sunday, April 17, 2011

Meals with My Honey


It's been a while since my last Blog post.  I have been busy with school as usual, but my spare time has been spent on Cloud 9 with my main squeeze.  Over Spring Break we spent everyday together snuggling, listening to music, and laughing until the sun came up. Amidst getting to know each other, we also spent some time cooking together in the kitchen.


Since Jared wasn't a vegan, I wanted to impress him with how delicious vegan food can be, so I made my famous Orange Tofu.  He loved it and I as expected, this dish excited his taste buds.


After days and evenings spent either forgetting to eat because we were having so much fun, I decided we needed something healthful in our tummies.   We made Pasta de los Angeles and Chili-Lime Rubbed Tofu.


This was just what we both needed.  Angel hair pasta loaded with shallots, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, tomatoes, lime, black beans and spinach.


The tofu was rubbed with chili powder, and salt and soaked in a sauce made of olive oil, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic and lime zest.  After it was flavored up we baked it and it created the perfect side for the pasta.  I could eat this tofu all day!


On one of our last nights of Spring Break, we wanted dessert, so we made Chocolate-Rum Pudding Cake.


This delightful cake was spiked with Bacardi and filled with chocolatey goodness.


The only thing it was missing was a giant scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream.  


I love spending time in the kitchen with Jared.  He picks up where I leave off and everything seems to come together faster with him there.   After 10 days of cooking and eating vegan food together, he decided to make the big switch and is now beginning the process of becoming a vegan.  Either he really likes me or he just really likes to eat my food.

2 comments: