Monday, February 21, 2011

Scallion Potato Pancakes, Orange-Scented Broccoli, and Hoison-Mustard Tofu


After almost a week of eating nothing but chilled steamed vegetables and Green Goddess Dressing I had to have something warm and flavorful.  I didn't, however, want to ruin my healthful eating streak...


I started out my cooking adventure with Scallion Potato Pancakes.  Isa Chandra Moskowitz created this recipe to be a healthier version of the deep fried Chinese Scallion Pancakes and she nailed it!  They are made of Yukon Gold potatoes, scallions, sesame oil, salt, black pepper and panko bread crumbs.  Two of these pretty big pancakes have 180 calories, 2.5 g of fat, 4 g of fiber and 5 g of protein.  Pretty darn healthful if you ask me!


I couldn't just eat a dinner of potatoes, so I made a couple other dishes to go along with them.  This is Orange-Scented Broccoli.  Broccoli sautéed  in sesame oil with ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and seasoned with mirin, soy sauce, orange zest and orange juice.  


To tie it all together I made Hoison-Mustard Tofu.  I simply LOVE hoison sauce on it's own, but this recipe was even more delicious!  This tofu was pan fried and mixed together with a sauce made up of red pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes, mirin, hoison sauce and yellow mustard.


All three dishes worked beautifully together and at the end of the meal I was super full and satisfied after consuming under 10 g of fat and 310 calories!  I would say that these yummy dishes fit with my new healthy lifestyle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment