Saturday, February 26, 2011

Brunch at Tweet

Last week, Saturday, after finishing my morning
cup of Bustelo, I was day dreaming about delicious vegan breakfast food, when I got a text from my neighbor Kat that said, "Breakfast?".  I think she must have read my mind!  She suggested we go to Tweet (5020 North Sheridan Road, Chicago, IL), because they have vegan options. 

Once we arrived, there was a bit of a wait, but since they are known to have killer Bloody Mary's at Big Chicks, the bar next door, we didn't mind one bit!  I think it was probably the best Bloody Mary I have ever had.  It was super spicy and filled with lemon, celery, carrot, and giant green olives. 

About half way into our drinks they sat us at a table.  I was pleased to see that the vast menu had many different vegetarian  and a couple different vegan  options.  I ordered a breakfast burrito, the #5- Numero Cinco: Vegan's delight, flour tortilla stuffed with organic beans, organic brown rice, avocado, pico de gallo, organic tofu scrambled in olive oil.  Before the burrito arrived they brought out fruit cups filled with a variety of fresh berries, pineapple and melon, yum!  The burrito was just as on point as the fruit and drinks, in fact I have not been able to stop thinking about it since I have eaten it.  It was perfectly seasoned and  quite honestly, contained the best tofu scramble I have ever eaten. 

If you have never been to Tweet, do yourself a favor and check it out. (Be sure to bring cash because they are cash only.)  You will not regret it I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment