Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chocolate Agave Trailmixers

  


So in my attempt to eating a healthier diet I have begun to make all of the Wholesome Cookie recipes out of this book.  All of the recipes are made with "healthier" ingredients like unrefined sugar and whole wheat flour.  Although I know any cookie will make me fat, I feel a little better about eating these.


Sunday, I was hanging with my niece and nephew.   After running some errands, eating some lunch and watching a movie,  Ethan settled down to play the game cube, so Olivia and I decided to make cookies!  We made Chocolate Agave Trailmixers.  A delicious Chocolate cookie filled with vegan chocolate chips, peanuts, dried cherries and sweetened with agave.


Olivia was such a great helper!  She had to taste each ingredient before it was added to the bowl, although most of the time she didn't like the way things tasted she kept sampling them.   The best part was watching how proud she was when the ingredients finally turned into dough.  She had a look of amazement on her face.  As I finished loading up one pan with cookies, Olivia informed me that I had made enough.  She wanted to eat the rest of the cookie dough out of the bowl.  She loved it!  We didn't get to eat any cookies together because she left before they were done baking, but I think we know how that would have turned out...

No comments:

Post a Comment