Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vegan Family Dinner Latin Style


On Sunday night I hosted another Vegan Family Dinner.  This time the theme was anything Latin!  Somehow it ended up being all ladies this time and it was a ton of fun. I cooked 2 recipes out of Terry Hope Romero's cook book Viva Vegan!


The first recipe I made were the Potato-Chickpea Enchiladas with Green Tomatillo Sauce.  They aren't the most attractive enchiladas, but they were one of the tastiest!  Even though there were only 6 of us at the dinner, we killed and entire tray.  Good thing I made extra, because everyone got to bring home leftovers.



Leia made Carne Asada with Seitan and a super awesome salsa with roasted tomatoes and pepper.  What a wonderful idea!  We made tacos with these!  The Pinenut Creama that I made for the enchiladas went wonderfully on top of a Carne Asada taco!



 Tiffany made a Tomatillo Salsa and Black Beans.  Both were absolutely delicious!  


One of Sylvia's friends brought Bruschetta.  It was yummy. 


 I made Guacamole, cause you can't have Latin dinner without some guac! 




This is the second recipe I made out of Terry's book.  The Coconut Tres Leches Cake. It was the most time consuming cake I have ever made.  It took me all day to make it, but it was absolutely worth it!


Each time I host one of these dinners, the food gets better.  Sunday was no expection, I was once again blown away with my friends culinary skills. Thanks for a super fun night ladies! Can't wait for the next dinner, Vegan Pizza Night!




No comments:

Post a Comment