Friday, December 24, 2010

Winter Comfort Foods Vol. 2


Any type of food that can be served at a diner is comfort food to me.  The only problem is that although diner food tastes delicious and warms up my belly, it is usually filled with animal products and LOTS of fat!  Wednesday night I was in the mood for veggie burgers and onion rings so, I decided to try a healthier approach to this tasty food combination.


Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers are my absolute favorite vegan veggie burgers out there! They have the best flavor and with a little oil and my cast iron skillet, they cook up very nicely.  I like to eat these on whole wheat flats instead of on a bun.


For the onion rings, I cracked open my new low fat cook book, Appetite for Reduction.  I found a recipe for oven baked onion rings.  They were made with Vidalia onions and whole wheat bread crumbs.  They were pretty tasty and cooked up super quick!  I'm glad to know that I can eat onion rings and not have to eat 20 grams of fat!

No comments:

Post a Comment