Thursday, December 23, 2010

Vegan Quick Meals Vol. 3


I recently bought Isa Chandra Moskowitz's new cook book, Appetite for Reduction.  It is filled with low fat vegan recipes and many of them are super simple and quick!  The best part about this cookbook is that each recipe includes the nutritional information.  


The first recipe I decided to make out of this gem of a cookbook was
  Everyday Chickpea-Quinoa Salad.  
It was very filling and had 12 g of protein, 11 g of fiber, and 20 % iron.  These are three things I am always trying to get more of in my diet. The salad was made up of cold quinoa, red onion, romaine lettuce, chickpeas and a balsamic vinaigrette.  The dressing was made of, cashews, shallots, water, balsamic vinegar, dijon, agave, salt and pepper.  I could not believe that this was a low-fat salad.  It was perfectly delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment