Monday, October 10, 2011

Vegan Mofo-Brownies




Once in a blue moon Jared will get a craving for something sweet, and I can never turn down sweets, so I scurry into the kitchen and start poking around to see what I have on hand to make dessert.  This time I had everything we needed to make Bitchtastic Brownies from Vegan Bitch in the Kitch. They are supposed to be a healthier brownie recipe than the average so I felt good about my decision to make them.  I was out of vanilla extract, so I used coffee extract as a substitue and that worked out beautifully.  They also contained unsweetened vegan chocolate, sucanat, silken tofu, oil, whole wheat pastry flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and salt. They were SUPER chocolatey and rich, so one small brownie definitely satisfied our craving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment