Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cinco de Mayo 2011


Cinco De Mayo is one my favorite days of the year for cooking, but this year since I had class on the 5th I was forced to cook on the 4th.  Jared, Jake, Christina and Gracie all happened to be over around dinner time, so we decided to make it and impromptu family dinner.


Christina made mojitos with basil, mint, and strawberries.  Most of them were mixed with Bacardi, but this is the non-alcoholic version she mixed up for me. 

I fried up some plantains that were lightly dusted with bread crumbs and black pepper and topped off with salt.

This is the Pico De Gallo I made with tomatoes, jalapeno, garlic, red onion, cilantro and lots and lots of fresh lime juice.


I love to make Chipotle Adobo Sauce with Black Beans.  It's super simple to make and incredibly tasteful.  It's made with olive oil, red onion, garlic, chipotle pepper and adobo sauce.


Christina also made this simple salad with a lime juice vinaigrette.


It was fun throwing together a Cinco de Mayo feast.  Everything was summery and delicious!  

No comments:

Post a Comment