Monday, March 7, 2011

Orange Agave Chocolate Chip Cookies


My niece, Olivia, and I have set ourselves on a journey to bake healthful cookies together a couple times a month.   Last week we made Orange Agave Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Since Liv loves baking almost as much as her Auntie Courty does, we have a blast together as we discuss and sample each ingredient before we add it to the bowl.


With just a few simple ingredients we made a delicious dough.  It had: Agave nectar, canola oil, almond milk, ground flax seeds, vanilla, orange zest, all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, salt, and of course vegan chocolate chips!


Liv helped shape the dough into cookies with me, but spent a great deal of time eating the dough.  It's a good thing that the dough is vegan, there isn't anything in there that can make her sick.




We both thought the cookies turned out wonderfully!  When she got home later I was informed that she wanted to skip dinner and have cookies instead. 


I am so glad that I get to have cookie Baking Sundays with my favorite  3-year-old.  We have SO much fun together!

No comments:

Post a Comment