Saturday, December 18, 2010

Grad School Quick Meals Vol. 1

Tempeh Cashew Noodles


The last two weeks of school have been intense.  With the papers, observations, exams and presentations that I have had due, there has been very little time for cooking.  With my minimal time that I have in my kitchen I have been on the outlook for quick, delicious and nutritious meals.  I found this recipe on www.vegweb.com.  





It only took about 30 minutes to make from beginning to end and was incredibly delicious! 

What you need:
For the stir fry-
8 oz. tempeh, cubed
1 onion chopped
1 zucchini sliced
1 package udon noodles
1 cup frozen peas
olive oil for stir frying

For the sauce-
1 Cup cashews
3 cloves of garlic
4 Tbsp soy sauce
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp garlic chili paste

What you do:
Cook noodles according to package.
Stir fry the onion, tempeh and zucchini until onion is beginning to brown.  Add the peas when vegetables are almost cooked and heat through. 
While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the sauce.  Add all ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth. (Should be a thick paste.)
When the noodles are cooked drain and add to the hot pan along with the sauce.  Mix together until combined.  Add water in small amounts to help combined everything evenly.




This meal was super simple and incredibly tasty!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.



No comments:

Post a Comment