Sunday, November 7, 2010

First Offical Dinner



So my friend Sarah and I have been pulling together to cook at least once a week and been having a blast doing it. Since I am a vegan we cook it up vegan style every time. Sarah isn't a vegan, but she doesn't seem to mind cooking and eating with me. Since we have so much fun in the kitchen together I decided to start a little blog about my food experiences. Tonight was our first official dinner and although I invited others, it ended up just being Sarah and I. We didn't mind one bit! We drank wine and cooked our butts off! Tonight we made Lasagne Marinara with Spinach along with a Salad with Marinated Artichoke Hearts and Garlic Bread with Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting for dessert. Who says a vegan meal can't be satisfying?

I started by making the Carrot Cake Cupcakes (Recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World- Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero)



While the cupcakes Were baking I prepared the Marinara Sauce (Recipe from Veganomicon- Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero)

As the sauce simmered I made the Cashew Ricotta (Recipe from Veganomicon- Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero)





Finally it was time to steam some spinach and put together the Lasagne Marinara with Spinach (Recipe from Veganomicon- Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero)While the Lasagna cooked Sarah made a salad with marinated artichoke hearts and some fabulous garlic bread...

and I frosted cupcakes!
Finally the lasagne was ready and we ate...

4 comments: